Caltrans North Region Virtual Procurement Fair: Prepare for the Fair
New to selling to the state? Want to get the most out of your Procurement Fair experience? Join us and “Prepare for the Fair” on October 3rd, 4th, and 5th.
Learn about how Caltrans sources and purchases goods and services, find upcoming bid opportunities, and network with purchasers and advocates from Caltrans and other state agencies.
A 90-day priority purchasing preference will be given to vendors who attend the fair!
Prepare for the Fair Agenda
10/3/2023 | 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Session 1 – Introduction to the Procurement Fair and How to do Business with the State of California
- Overview of the Procurement Fair and this year’s format.
- Office of Small Business and Disabled Veteran Business Enterprise Services (OSDS) at the Department of General Services (DGS) presentation on how you can apply for certifications to become preferred sellers.
Session 2 – Doing Business with Caltrans & Business Pitch Development
10/4/2023 | 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM
- Procurement methods and processes used by Caltrans including:
- Selling goods and services under $10K
- Service agreements
- U10’s, RQS’ and PO’s
- Division of Procurement and Contracts (DPAC) will present their perspective on working with our department.
- APEX Accelerators provides business pitch development services.
Session 3 – Getting the Most Out of Your Procurement Fair Experience & North Region Buyer Panel Discussion, “Best Practices for Selling to the North Region”
10/5/2023 | 10:00AM – 12:00PM
- Tips on how to make the most of your meeting with departmental buyers.
- Advice on how best to present themselves and share info that purchaser’s care about.
- How to set yourself apart from the competition.
- Panel discussion with Caltrans buyers who will share best practices for selling to the North Region.
Event Contact: Caltrans District 3
The information provided in this webinar/ workshop and any supplementary materials provided to registrants are intended for educational and informational purposes only and does not constitute professional financial or legal advice. No registrant should act or fail to act on the basis of any material contained in this webinar/ workshop without obtaining proper financial, legal or other professional advice specific to their situation. The Northern California APEX Accelerator, and its host, the HSU Sponsored Programs Foundation, specifically disclaims any liability, loss or risk, personal or otherwise, which is incurred as a consequence, directly or indirectly, of the use and application of any of the information presented in this webinar/ workshop. By registering for this webinar/ workshop you acknowledge and agree that you have read, understood, accept and agree to the above disclaimer and that under no circumstances shall the Northern California APEX Accelerator or it’s host, the HSU Sponsored Programs Foundation, be held liable for any claims, losses, or damages of any kind or nature arising out of or in any way related to the information provided in this webinar/ workshop and/or the registrant’s use of or reliance on said information.
This No-Cost Training Event is Hosted by
Caltrans manages more than 50,000 miles of California’s highway and freeway lanes, provides inter-city rail services, permits more than 400 public-use airports and special-use hospital heliports, and works with local agencies. Caltrans carries out its mission with six primary programs: Aeronautics, Highway Transportation, Mass Transportation, Transportation Planning, Administration and the Equipment Service Center.
Who We Are:
Norcal APEX Accelerator
Northern California APEX Accelerator is a government-funded nonprofit formed to help small businesses find, bid on, and win contracts with federal, state, local, and tribal agencies.