Welcome to Norcal PTAC
Free Help with SAM Registration – and other government contracting issues.
System for Award Management (SAM) registration is FREE, and NorCal PTAC can help you complete this and other registrations/certifications at no charge.
NorCal PTAC assists with research of government agencies who are buying your products and/or service and helps develop marketing strategies and everything else you need to sell to federal state and local government agencies.
There are 97 PTACs nationwide including the territories of Puerto Rico and Guam. The Norcal PTAC serves HUMBOLDT, DEL NORTE, MENDOCINO, SHASTA, SISKIYOU, AND TRINITY counties in Northern California. FIND A PTAC NEAR YOU.
ALL OF OUR SERVICES ARE FREE, including:
- Workshops and Seminars to teach you what you need to know and connect you with other small businesses. See Events
- One-on-One Counseling tailored to the specific needs of your business
- Matchmaking Events that connect you with agency buyers who need your product.
- Bid Matching Services that deliver tailored contract opportunities to your email inbox
The mission of the northern California Procurement Technical Assistance Center (NorCal PTAC) is to help small business to more effectively compete in the government contracting marketplace. We provide counseling services, workshops, and training to help businesses:
- Readiness assessment to determine whether federal, state, or local contracting is right for your business
- Pre-acquisition strategy for your business and development of government contracting plan
- Diversity program eligibility counseling and assistance with registrations and certifications (Woman-Owned, 8a, HUBZone, DBE, SB/DVBE and others)
- Identify bid opportunities with agencies that your business should be targeting for contracts
- Capability Statement, Line-Card and/or Tear-Sheet and other company documentation needed to successfully market to targeted government agencies
- Request for Proposal (RFP) and other procurement opportunity response review and interpretation of complex regulations
- Contract Award, debrief and audit/compliance
To receive assistance, click on the button below:
NorCal Procurement Technical Assistance Center
1 Harpst Street, House 71
Arcata, CA 95521
Follow us on Facebook!
PTAC Nationwide Network
Procurement Technical Assistance Centers (PTACs) form a nationwide network of dedicated procurement professionals working to help local businesses compete successfully in the government marketplace. PTACs are the bridge between buyer and supplier, bringing to bear their knowledge of both government contracting and the capabilities of contractors to maximize fast, reliable service to our government with better quality and at lower costs. The Norcal PTAC, which serves as a Procurement Technical Assistance Center (PTAC), is funded in part through a cooperative agreement from the Department of Defense (DoD) through a program that is administered by the Defense Logistics Agency (DLA). The content of any written materials or verbal communications of the PTAC does not necessarily reflect the official views of or imply endorsement by DoD or DLA.