Job Posting: Procurement Specialist with the Norcal PTAC (Bay area)
This is not a state position
Job Title: Procurement Specialist
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Hours: 30-40 hours per week
Wage: $35.00-$55.00/hour, depending on experience
Project Name: Northern California Procurement Technical Assistance
Supervisor: Norcal PTAC Program Director
San Francisco Bay Area. The selected employee will be assigned a home-base office in the SF Bay Area and will be required to travel regularly to other office locations and client office locations in the SF Bay Area regularly (travel costs between offices are reimbursed). Depending on timing, this position may begin as a work-from-home position in light of the COVID-19 pandemic.
This is a 12-month non-exempt position(s). This position offers a competitive benefits package, including group health, dental, vision, and employer retirement contributions. While continuation of this position(s) is foreseen for years to come, all Norcal PTAC positions are contingent on continued federal funding. This is not a state or federal position.
The Norcal PTAC is hosted by Humboldt State University’s Sponsored Programs Foundation (HSU-SPF) in Arcata, California. The program is primarily funded by a cooperative agreement with the Defense Logistics Agency with supplemental funding from state and local sources. Norcal PTAC serves a 15-county business community in northern California with no-cost government contracting education and consulting. HSU-SPF has hosted the PTAC program since 2013.
The Norcal PTAC seeks an energetic self-starter with a passion for helping businesses grow to join our team. This individual will help SF Bay Area businesses sell their goods and services to government agencies by providing one-on-one advising and technical support.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITES:
- Counsel small businesses on federal, state, local, and tribal government contracting topics in person, over the phone, via email, and using video conferencing software;
- Conduct market research with clients to determine target agencies;
- Assist clients with DUNS & SAM registrations;
- Assist clients with certifications like DBE, 8(a), HUBZone, SB/DVBE, WOSB, etc.;
- Assist clients in finding bid opportunities and preparing bid responses;
- Assist in preparation of GSA federal supply schedule proposals;
- Create curriculum for and deliver training workshops on government contracting topics;
- Represent the Norcal PTAC at partner events, workshops, conferences;
- Interpret FAR, DFARs as well as other federal, state and local contracting regulations;
- Record all interactions with clients in client tracking database in compliance with cooperative agreement;
- Hold routine monthly office hours in various locations throughout the SF Bay Area;
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Prior experience working for a PTAC, or other federally-funded small business assistance program;
- Existing partnerships with Northern California business, construction, and minority organizations and/or government agencies;
- Relevant Master’s degree (MBA, law or acquisition-related) from an accredited college or university;
- Prior experience working for or owning a small business who performed on government contracts;
- Current APP/CPP, CFCM, DAIWIA, or other relevant certification.
- 3 or more years of experience providing government contracting assistance to businesses, or as a relevant government procurement-related employee;
- Ability to analyze complex documents and situations and make rational judgements;
- Ability to work independently and efficiently;
- Strong research skills and resourcefulness to research client questions with little to no direction;
- Excellent written, verbal, listening, and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to convert complex material into concise curriculum, and be able to present to large and small audiences;
- Ability to build relationships with government agency purchasing representatives, small business resource partners and small business owners;
- Must be willing to travel regularly within the greater San Francisco Bay Area;
- Strong computer/technology skills, including the Internet, PowerPoint, client database software like Neoserra, and video conferencing software like Zoom;
Qualified applicants should submit the following via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
1. HSU application
2. Cover Letter
4. Three professional reference contacts
5. HSU SPF Self Identification Form for Job Applicants (signed in two places)
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
For questions regarding this posting, contact the Program Director at email@example.com
Application Review Date: Thursday, June 4, 12:00 Noon PDT. Position will be open until filled.
Humboldt State University Sponsored Programs Foundation is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected status. More information about HSU SPF’s Equal Employment Opportunity hiring can be found here.
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered this position within HSU SPF. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current HSU SPF employees who apply for this position
For assistance with the application process, please submit an Accommodation Request Form which can be found here or call the SPF Interim Compliance Support Coordinator at (707) 826-5169.
Download this job announcement here